The dry season is officially here in South Florida and although our winters are mild compared to everywhere else we’ve had some fairly cold days and nights. My skin has been going nuts with the weather change and everything is dry! I’ve rounded up my favorite hydration heroes for body, hands and lips. If you have any favorites you swear by, please let me know in the comments!
marble tray from Crate and Barrel
Body care favorites:
- Sisley Velvet Nourishing Body Cream with Saffron Flowers* ($150 for 200 ml/6.7 fl oz) is the best velvety body cream I have ever tried, it’s quite expensive but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy once it’s used up, it has the same scent as their Velvet Sleeping Mask with Saffron Flowers – it’s a super soft almost powdery floral that is very soothing and pleasant
- Chanel Huile Douce Gentle Oil Hair and Body* has been one of my favorite body oils – it looks like it has been discontinued but they still have the Scented Options in L’Huile Orient, L’Huile Jasmin, L’Huile Vanille and L’Huile Rose – I may splurge on one for myself for the holiday
- Augustinus Bader Body Lotion ($35 for 30 ml or $95 for 100 ml) is something I bought over the summer, back then it was a little too rich for my taste, but now that the dry season is here I find it perfect, it is hydrating and there’s no fragrance – it has a semi-matte finish in the drydown
- Necessaire Body Lotion ($25 for 200 ml/6.8 oz) is my favorite day-time unscented body cream, it’s gentle, effective and doesn’t interfere with perfume
Favorites for the hands:
- La Mer Hand Treatment ($90 for 3.4 oz the full-size option, note that mine is a mini) is one of my latest loves for hand treatments, I bought mine as part of the limited-edition holiday Rejuvenating Hydration Set ($95) which seems to be selling out nearly everywhere (as of now still available at Net-A-Porter and Blue Mercury). It’s silky, emollient and super luxurious!
- Chanel La Crème Main in all the formulas have been staples for me, I really like the original La Crème Main for the velvety finish, for those who need more moisture the Texture Riche or Le Lift La Crème Main are better options
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Intensive Hand Balm ($19 for 1.7 oz or $36 for 5.3 oz) was something one of my sweet readers sent to me a year ago (the only fan mail I’ve received!) – she was so sweet to send me one she bought while traveling and the large tube lasted quite a long time! They’ve since launched a smaller tube which is purse-friendly, it’s a thicker version of their Classic Shea Butter Hand Cream which I also love
- Kiehl’s also makes great hand creams, so many of you have said you swear by the Ultimate Strength Hand Salve as the best unscented option (I agree it’s great! available in multiple sizes), I also really like their scented options in the Lavender and Grapefruit – they have a nice Healthy Hands Trio ($35) I highly recommend getting (and fast because it’s selling out quickly)
- Molton Brown also makes great scented hand creams, I love the Fiery Pink Pepper* ($15) the best although their new Flora Luminaire* ($15) is also really lovely!
Cuticle care favorites:
- CND Essentials Solar Oil Care Pen ($12.99 for 2.5 ml) is one that always makes the best-of lists for so many magazines, I bought the click brush pen version recently and really like it – it seems a little pricey for the amount you get, but it works well (also available in the Bottle with Brush Applicator)
- Dior Huile Daily Nutritive Serum ($28) has been one of my holy grail cuticle oils but is so hard to find as it’s always selling out, you can still find this at Dior.com – if you see it at your local counter I highly recommend you pick it up!
- OPI Pro Spa Nail and Cuticle Oil* was something I received recently in a PR package and it seems to come in a few formats, the one I have is a 0.29 fl oz dropper style ($9.95 available on Amazon). It helps with dry cuticles and a little goes a very long way. It also comes in a Bottle (.5 fl oz for $15.95) or a To Go Brush Applicator (.25 oz for $9.50)
- Olive and June Cuticle Serum* ($15.99 for 1 at Target, or $30 for 2 at Olive and June, .13 fl oz) comes in a pen applicator with a sponge tip, if you’re one who doesn’t like the super emollient feel of oils, you will love this because it’s a serum that is more like a sponge-on cream vs a drippy liquid oil. It softens cuticles, it’s easy to use and works!
small round marble tray from Goop, makeup bag is Cuyana
Lip care favorites right now:
- Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask ($28) – best cushiony clear gel-like lip mask you can wear during the day or leave on overnight
- By Terry Baume de Rose* ($60) – best soothing thick lip cream (also available in a tube form with a slightly sheerer feel and finish, it’s not as thick but just as hydrating)
- La Mer Lip Volumizer ($80) – not really a lip balm, but more of a smoothing lip volumizer with a serum feel, it leaves my lips feeling super soft and smooth
- Fresh Sugar anything! I’ve been loving the Sugar Advance Therapy Treatment Lip Balm* ($26) because it comes in a tube form and doesn’t require fingers to apply. I do really love the Sugar Hydrating Lip Balms* ($18) like the Caramel, Coconut and Lime Mint ones as well.
What are some of your favorites?
The Post “Winter Dry Skin Savers – The Beauty Look Book” Appeared on thebeautylookbook.com
Original Source: https://thebeautylookbook.com/2020/12/winter-dry-skin-savers.html